Wednesday, April 14, 2010

8 Juveniles Arrested for Robbery

This being my first blog posting, I thought about what to say. I guess I figured we might as well jump into it and tell you all about the arrests from last night. First off, I am the Investigations Lieutenant. That means that I have some responsibilities that cause my phone to ring at night. Last night was one of them. The Detective Sergeant called me at about 9pm (or 2100 hours) to let me know that the patrol division has eight in custody for a street robbery. We have had a few in the Canal area and have been actively trying to investigate these cases to see if we can identify any suspects. As with lots facets of police work, the right place at the right time has a lot to do with being successful. We had marked patrol units in the area when the call of the robbery came out and found the eight people nearby. Long story short (since it is an active case), we now have identified suspects and will be continuing our investigation. I was able to fall asleep after speaking with Sergeant until that alarm sound at 0430 hours.......lets see what today brings!